TOTAL PRIZE MONEY EACH CLASS
JUDGING ON HOOF $800
JUDGING ON HOOK $800
Chief Steward: D Lofthouse
Telephone (08) 9729 2020
Stewards: E. Gardiner, I Millichamp, L Flemming
Entries close 5pm Wed April 3, 2013
CHAMPION STEER ON HOOF AWARDED PRIZE OF $500 OF FEED SPONSORED BY KETTERIDGE STOCK FEEDS
Removal of the cattle from the show grounds is the responsibility of the cattle buyer.
Results of the Carcass Judging will be sent to all exhibitors as soon as possible.
Section H: Beef Carcass Competition
PEN OF 2 GRAIN FED – 180-230 kgs DRESSED WEIGHT
PEN OF 2 GRAIN FED – 230-285 kgs DRESSED WEIGHT
ENTRY FEE $11-00 (Incl. GST)
Note: Entry Fee of $11-00 will be deducted from proceeds of sale.
Points allocated at the hoof will not be taken into consideration when judging on the hook.
All cattle to be received by 9am on Saturday April 6, 2013. Judging commences 10am.
The auction of Champion Steer will take place at approximately 2pm and will be followed with the auction of the remaining cattle. Cattle to be sold non-curfew and commission of 5% to be charged by the Harvey Agricultural Society.
The Carcass Competition judging will take place at the selected abattoirs of the buyers’ choice.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. All cattle will be for bona fide sale.
2. Entries must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor at least two months prior to the date of closing entries and the breed must be stated on the entry forms.
3. All cattle entered must be identified with an NLIS electronic device and accompanied by a current National Vendor Declaration Form.
4. When judging the carcass bruising will not be taken into account.
5. LIVE JUDGING: Points for each entry to be allotted at the discretion of the judge for judging live cattle in pens as follows:
- Degree of Finish 40 points
- Muscle Content 30 points
- Class Suitability 20 points
- Evenness of Pen 10 points
- TOTAL 100 points
6. JUDGING ON THE HOOK: Points for each entry will be awarded per the Aus-Meat Beef Carcass Appraisal System.
7. WEIGHTS: Carcasses will be dressed and weighed on a hot weight basis. There shall be a penalty of ‘0.2’ of a point per kilogram by which the carcass is outside the prescribed weight range.
8. The judge’s decision will be final.
9. The society reserves the right to:
- Vary the rights for the arrangements for selling, which may be necessary through unforeseen circumstances.
- Adjudicate upon any questions for which provision has not been made in these conditions.