As we are implementing a new online system for Trace Space Applications,
Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated as we sort out any hiccups that may arise.
Trade Applications are now online or download hard copy application forms below (Note : food vendors by invitation only online forms not accepted)
Indoor Trade Space Application
Download Notes for Trade Space Applicants
HARVEY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY INC
NOTES FOR TRADE SPACE APPLICANTS
1. The Harvey Show commences Saturday at 9am and concludes 8pm the same day (Saturday). It is no longer a two day show.
2. Indoor Exhibitors may begin setting up any time after 12noon Friday or 7am Saturday and must be complete by 9am Saturday ready to trade.
3. Outdoor Exhibitors may begin setting up any time after 12noon Thursday or 6.30am on Saturday and must be complete by 9am Saturday ready to trade.
4. Indoor trade space is located within a well lit recreation facility (two side by side, indoor basketball courts). The building is within the showgrounds surrounded by outdoor show activities. The building is locked up at 7pm on Friday night and the Harvey Agricultural Society employs a security company to maintain a continuous presence on the show grounds until the show reopens on Saturday at 6.30am.
5. Indoor trade space is normally 3 meters deep and of the frontage width requested. A minimum frontage of 3 meters is recommended. Requests for part of a meter (ie.2.5m) will not normally be accepted.
6. Most of the available indoor trade spaces DO NOT have a backing wall. Exhibitors should expect a bare section of floor and provide any backboards, props, tables and similar display aids. A row of bleachers within the hall may also be used for trade space.
7. Where requested a 240 volt power outlet will be supplied no more than 10m from the allocated spaces. Extension leads will not be supplied. Overload protected power boards are accepted. Double adaptors are not encouraged.
8. Stall location is entirely at the discretion of the Indoor/Outdoor Chief Steward.
9. While the show officially continues till 8pm, trade exhibitors MUST TRADE up to 6.30pm unless earlier approval has been accepted by indoor/outdoor trade Steward.
10. The town of Harvey is located 1km west of the South West Highway, 140km south of Perth and 50km north of Bunbury., The show grounds/football oval/recreation center is located at the western edge of the town center and can be approached via the main street, Uduc Road. The indoor trade hall is located in the north-west corner of the show grounds and is most easily accessed by taking Tom Latch Drive or Sir James Avenue, both on the north side of the grounds.
COMPLIMENTARY PASSES: One pass per $50 remittance will be sent with Tax Invoice Receipt. Additional passes are $5.00 each if required. Each exhibitor is entitled to park one only vehicle inside the grounds and parking is to be on bitumen directly inside Sir James Avenue entry gate (There is access to the hall for delivery and pick up) Outdoor exhibitors need to calculate their vehicle size into their paid space if they wish to park a vehicle on their site. A vehicle pass will be sent with receipt and vehicle pass MUST be shown to gain access to show grounds NO PASS NO ACCESS.
NO BOOKING shall be deemed granted until application is approved. Application must be submitted NO LATER than two weeks before the date of the show (4 weeks for food stalls).
• Recyclable products are to be used where possible. All packaging to be low volume waste.
• NO food and/or beverages may be sold without special permission of this Society.
• Applicants to supply own tables/trestles and chairs.
• Applicants are responsible for electrical leads and all cords MUST comply with safety regulations.
PUBLIC LIABILITY RISK INSURANCE:
All commercial exhibitors shall affect a Public Liability Risk Policy and shall include a photocopy or receipt for payment of premium with this completed application for trade space.
This policy shall be for a sum not less than $10 million for all caterers, side shows and other entertainment including show bag retailers.
• Advertising "Blimps" - the flying, tethered or untethered advertising balloons or the other large inflatable devices is prohibited, unless prior written permission is received from the Society.
• Itinerant selling is prohibited. Exhibitors activities must be contained within the confines of the exhibitors stands.
• Raffle's and Lotteries (C.1) The sale of raffle tickets and the distribution of free raffle tickets as a marketing promotion is NOT permitted on showgrounds.
• Exhibitors are prohibited from offering any goods or services for sale other than those indicated on this application form, conformation from and approved by the Society.
The sale, distribution or use is prohibited of:
• Any item - which may, by its use or operation, cause alarm or distress to any person or any animal.
• Balloons (gas filled) - unless the balloon is fitted to a non-conductive and rigid rod or straw.
• Bow and arrows of any description.
• Guns, Cap Guns and caps/cartridges for cap guns.
• Water pistols or projectiles
• Celluloid Toys - unless they comply with Health Department Regulations and a permit has been obtained from the Department
• Chemical Sprays, Silly String - "stage door streamers" or other similar spar projected items including shaving cream, shaving foam etc.
• Fireworks including sparklers
• Kites - unless they are disassembled and packaged.
• Laser light and all form pertaining to lasers.
• Exhibitors must ensure that all electrical work, on their sites is carried out by a licensed electrical contractor in compliance with Australian Standard AS3000 and AS3002.
• The use of double adaptors is not permitted.
• An opening of appropriate size is to be provided where stands are constructed in front of power and switchboards to provide access.
• Exhibitors must only use an extension cord on their sites which carries a valid test tag.
A validated test tag must:
o Have been tested by a competent person within the last six months.
o Be fitted with a tag.
o The tag must show:
1. The date that it was tested.
2. The name of the person who tested it.
o Multi way outlets (power boards) with overload protectors must be of an approved type.
o The use of radiators or heaters is prohibited.
o Cables shall be of a standard insulated and sheathed type and flexible cords shall be heavy - duty sheathed type.
o Cables shall not be laid on the ground in areas accessible to the public. In all other situations
o Cables may be laid on the ground for short distances provided that suitable means of Protections are provided.
I have read and understood all the terms and Conditions set out by the Society on this Application for Trade Space form. Therefore by Signing below I agree to comply with all of the Terms/conditions and take responsibility for notifying any workers/volunteers (paid/unpaid) of Such terms/conditions.
Signed: _________________ Print Name: _______________________ Date: ______________
As the duly appointed representative of: _________________________________________
(print business/organisation name)